Court is riding a three fight winning streak, with the only loss of his professional career coming at the hands of middleweight fighter and M4TC headliner, Leeroy Barnes over a year ago.
He will be looking to take an unbeaten career into 2013 which would be a great accolade to have given the growing pool of talent in British MMA.
The 22 year-old has overcome a broken hand and an illness as well as some personal barriers which have coincided with his training but whatever was missed was rescheduled that brought about good results in a different way.
Court said: “I have concentrated a lot on my stand-up for this camp and have done a lot of personal work with Gary McAllister of Phoenix Thai and Fitness.
He is a world-class stand-up coach and has trained guys who have fought at the highest level in the world, whether it has been Muay Thai fighters, MMA fighters in the UFC, or his son, who is competing at this week’s K-1 World Max.
He really has tightened up my game and added a lot of new tricks which I can’t wait to show off.”
The Zombie has admitted that he is more motivated than he has ever been as the two have been booked to fight twice before.
He said: “as an opponent I’m still not sold it will go ahead until the cage door locks. I have been scheduled to fight him twice before and twice he has pulled out.
The fight was booked for last October on a show he is the match-maker for, I was 0-1 at the time and he was 5-4 and he messaged me personally wanting to fight. I was quite offended and it seemed to me that he looked at my record and thought ‘ey up, here is an easy win I can have in front of my friends’ unfortunately he got injured which can happen, and the fight was off.”
The Northeast Top Team fighter fought on his opponents show earlier in the year where he notched his first pro win and then agreed to honour their previous booking and arranged to fight again.
Court continued: “It was booked in late summer for his show in October but then nine weeks out from the fight I got a message asking if I would fight at a catch-weight as he claimed he couldn’t make the agreed 77kg, with no suggestion of an increase in my purse.
Seeing this, I was at the beginning of my fight camp and didn’t agree with it so refused to fight.
But a few days after the last Made4TheCage I got a call from Dale Percival saying Ryan had again called me out for the December show. So knowing how much of a professional operation Made4TheCage is I agreed and here we are.
No matter obstacles appear in the next few days I’m going to overcome them and take his jaw home with me on Sunday.”
Even though the ‘zombie’ is brimming with confidence, he has not underestimated Copland and he realises that his opponent possesses an arsenal of dangerous tools.
This fight is at boiling point but Court is excited and pleased that it will be hosted by Made4TheCage.
He said: “I can’t wait to fight on Made4TheCage; I have witnessed first-hand just how fast they have grown over the past 12-18 months and just how much of a professional organisation they are.
They attract some of the county’s top talent, they treat fighters, staff and fans alike with great respect and they are in my honest opinion one of the top five promotions in the UK.”