Made 4 The Cage 16: Invasion Main Card Roundup

Image of cage fence, Made4TheCage

The Made4TheCage 16: Invasion Main Card started off with a bout in the Professional Lightweight Division as Davie Stone (2-5-0) faced Mikey Hogarth (0-1-0) and this one was over in just 12 seconds.

Hogarth caught Stone with a great overhand right before quickly locking in a Guillotine choke, forcing Stone to submit.

The second main card bout was a UAR 145 lbs bout featuring Karl Longedon (2-1-0) and Lewis Garside (2-1-0). The fight went the distance with Garside edging out a 29-28 unanimous decision but that was to no discredit to Longedon who looked well-rounded throughout; however Spartans’ Gym’s Garside wrestling shone as he dominated the first and third round.

Then for the first title fight of the evening as 3-1-0 Harry Hardwick looked to defend his UAR Featherweight belt against Michael Corbett. Hardwick impressed throughout the fight, dominating in every aspect, especially the ground. ‘The Wizard’ took Corbett down in the second round and looked to submit him at every turn, eventually catching him in an armbar and the fight was over.

The second title fight of the night was for the Vacant UAR Lightweight belt as undefeated fighters Rory Evans (5-0-0) faced Dean Purcell (3-0-0). Evans dominated the fight on the ground, maintaining control over Purcell’s back throughout the fight. Finally, Evans finished the fight via rear naked choke in the second opening two minutes of the second round.

Next up on the card was the final of the UAR 135lb 4-man-tournament as Adam Bramhald faced Aidan James. Tournament favourite Craig Thomas Boyle had been defeated earlier on in the night by Bramhald, while James defeated Christopher Edgar to reach the final. The fight went the full three rounds with Aidan James getting the victory. The fight could have went either way but James’ second round takedown may have swayed him in the judges eyes.

So to the upper half of the main card as Paul Gregson (3-2-0) faced debutant Dean Latif in the featherweight division. The fight went the entire distance again, with two very technical strikers cancelling each other out in the middle of the cage. However, the judges felt that Latif edged the fight and he was the declared the winner via unanimous decision.

The final bout before the main three fights was Luke Ord 1-0-0 taking on Jamie Jones. Both fighters had huge support in the arena and this was reflected by the huge effort by both fighters. The fight ended a draw with two judges scoring the bout 29-28 for each fighter and the third judge ruling the contest a 28-28 draw. This means that Ord maintains an unblemished record but you can’t help but feel he will be disappointed not to be walking away with a win.